The 5.7 Hemi is a very easy engine to replace the timing chain. Just a few little things to keep in mind. You don’t line the marks like you would in a Chevy V8. Just look at the pictures.
SCAT PACK 2 KIT PART NUMBER 77072313 2011-2015 DODGE CHARGER/CHALLENGER 5.7 HEMI STAGE 2 KIT PART NUMBER 77072315
2011-2015 CHRYSLER 300 5.7 HEMI
09 – Engine, 5.7L / Valve Timing / CHAIN and SPROCKETS, Timing/Removal
8514 – Pins, Tensioner
1. Remove the timing chain cover (Refer to 09 – Engine/Valve Timing/COVER(S) , Engine Timing – Removal).
- Install the vibration damper bolt finger tight. Using a suitable socket and breaker bar, rotate the crankshaft to align the timing marks with the timing chain sprockets (1, 2).
- Ensure that the camshaft gear (2) is aligned with the camshaft timing chain marks (1) in the twelve O’clock position.
- The crankshaft gear mark (1) should align with the timing chain mark (2) at the six O’clock position.
- Retract the chain tensioner arm (1) until the hole in the arm lines up with the hole in the bracket.
- Install the Tensioner Pin 8514 (2) into the chain tensioner holes.
- If the timing chain tensioner is being replaced, remove the retaining bolts (1) and remove the timing chain tensioner.